Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Has Arrived, And So Have My Last Illustrations From "The Year Around Book"

All right, so no (April) foolin' around here - this post marks my last installment of my monthly posting from my vintage find "The Year Around Book", written by Helen Jill Fletcher and illustrated by the fabulous Jerry Pinkney.
 What an adorable Easter Bunny, and his eggs are the absolute best, too! I would like some eggs like those, please.
 April got a two-page spread in this delightful vintage book (not every month did!), and deservedly so:
 The page below is, I simply must say, my favorite one in the entire book, so perhaps it is fitting that it should wind up being the last one I'm sharing with you:
Because I love everything about it.
Happy April, everyone!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Great art! Happy April to you too!

Tina Dawn said...

Happy April! Love T