Sunday, October 4, 2015

Our Weekend Trip To The Coast

Tina and Lori and I got to take a little weekend trip over to the coast last weekend. We stayed in Fort Bragg.
Here is a picture of the beautiful Guest House Museum, below.
I love great museums inside of fabulous old houses!
We had a really nice dinner one night at Cap'n Flints on N. Harbor Drive.
 In all of the times I have visited Fort Bragg, this was the first time I'd ever eaten there:
I'll definitely go back.
 We thoroughly enjoyed both our meal and our experience there.
I had clam chowder, bread and a nice salad:
Tina collects things with nasturtiums on them. She has a fabulous array of vintage (and new) items. (I'd hazard a guess that no one in the world has a collection to rival hers!)
Nasturtiums are so cheerful and pretty; I think all three of us get excited when we see them - and they grow so well on the coast - I couldn't resist taking pictures:
Naturally, I had to get some photos of the California Western Skunk Train, too, for my husband.
After all, this train is one of the main reasons he and I have taken so many trips to Fort Bragg over the years:
This lovely display was in one of the shop windows in downtown Fort Bragg.
I love the clothing, and that Tree Of Life is spectacular!
I can't believe I had never gone in to Pippi's Longstockings before!
I loved it - SO many fabulous socks that you have a REALLY hard time choosing!
Lori got the two shown below - so cute!
We also visited Mendocino while we were there.
You really can't go to Fort Bragg and not go to Mendocino, as well - at least,  not as far as we're concerned!
This charming town has tons of fabulous shops, galleries, restaurants and inns.
We love it there.
 Tina and Lori both stayed there on their honeymoons.
I snapped photos of two gorgeous paintings of the town that were for sale in one of the galleries.
"Bayside Village", an original oil by artist Erin Dertner, priced at $8000:
 And this one is "Early Spring", also an oil by the same artist, priced at $4000:
I took this next one from a distance, and I believe it's a bed and breakfast inn - but I'm not sure which one!
View of the Pacific Ocean from Main Street in Mendocino:
We had breakfast two mornings in a row at the Home Style Cafe in Fort Bragg, which is, by far, one of the best restaurants in town for breakfast and lunch.
One egg with cheese, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit - believe it or not, this was considered a "lighter" breakfast!
It was great:
 I didn't take a photo of my meal the following day, but I had french toast (also fabulous) - and Mrs. Butterworth was sitting right there with us:
I haven't even been home a week and I already want to go back!
So, simply because I can, I will end today's post with two more nasturtium photos.....

Have yourself a bright and cheerful day, won't you?

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I love love love your nasturtium pictures! Especially the first one. I would like to frame it and put it in my "new" bathroom, even if it isn't a passion flower! Loved all your photos, I have toured that old house that is now a museum, the stairwell with the stained glass window is gorgeous! I got a good close up of the cougar on the skunk train. I really like the paintings of Mendocino. The mystery bed and breakfast is the Daisy MacCollum House. There is a restaurant/bar in the left hand porch with the windows. We stayed there on our honeymoon and again another vacation also. Thank you for the revisit, it was like going on our mini vacation again. Love T