Thursday, September 17, 2015

What's Penny Wearing? #125 - A Vintage Riding Jacket And Vest

 Penny is modeling something a bit unusual for you today.
I found this jacket and vest tucked away in the closet.
It belonged to my mother-in-law, and it is from the 1930's.
 I pinned it rather unevenly, I'm afraid, you see - since it doesn't have any fasteners, I added a pretty vintage pin that also belonged to her just to hold it closed.
It's a pretty brown fabric with some sheen to it, and it has lace trimming the cuffs:
The orange satin vest was with it, so I'm assuming she wore them together.
 There was also a lacy jabot that I believe was part of the outfit, but it needs to be washed and I forgot to get it when I took these photos.
(I also found some jodhpurs, but I couldn't get them on Penny.)
I am certain that she must have cut quite a figure while wearing this astride her horse:
The two pieces look so nice together.
She did make some of her clothes back then, but I'm not sure whether she made this or not.
I like the nice detailing in the back:
She was quite the stylish woman, and I have enjoyed sharing some of her vintage clothing with you here on the blog over the years.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

She was very stylish, and pretty. I really like the colors she chose to put together for these. Looking good Penny! Love T