Sunday, August 16, 2015

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 8497 Dress Up In This Shift And Overslip

Back in 1966, you could be "Sew in with the crowd", if you made one of these dresses for yourself!
A "see-through chiffon overslip" with a slip dress underneath.
Or wear the slip dress alone for "another swinging outfit".
"Get moving and grooving" in this dress from McCall's pattern number 8497,
done up all in white here in this advertisement for McCall's out of a 1966 Seventeen Magazine:
I don't care too much for it in white, myself.
But I think it looks stunning in black!
See the depiction here on the pattern front:
There is one available on Etsy from Deja Vu Patterns, it really IS pretty:
The back of the pattern:
Dress to impress at your next cocktail party, gala event, night at the theater, perhaps?
Or whatever type of parties people are having nowadays.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I have never been fond of dresses like this, but I agree about the black one, it is my favorite and it looks very elegant. Love T