Saturday, August 29, 2015

One Fabulous LP Cover

I paid more for this vintage LP than I usually do at thrift stores.
But I had to have it.
Chuck Mangione Concert, Land Of Make Believe, with the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra.
Cover concept, design and layout by Robert L. Smith.
I don't believe I had ever seen it before, and I thought I heard it calling my name.
Seriously.
 In a tiny little voice......barely audible, you know:
"Oh, Heidi.....buy me....,please..."
 "Please....I need to go home with only you...."
You betcha.
No problem.
I framed it and I have it hanging on the wall.
It's my new favorite,
and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

4 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

THAT is one of my favorite all time recordings! I could listen to the Land of Make Believe over and over again.

Tina Dawn said...

I am going to "Make Believe" they are flying over my house! Love T

Diane said...

There are some very cool covers from that era. You found a good one!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes that would of caught my eye too. It looks like a cool make believe world......I wanna go there.