Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Wagon Train is Coming to Town - Hangtown, that is!

Good morning. Tina here.

As we go about our day today, there are wagons heading to town. The Wagon Train Caravan is on its way to Placerville.


They will spend the night at High Hill Ranch in Camino on Friday.

I am excited about this, because on Saturday morning, as the 2014 El Dorado Rose, I get to get up in a wagon and ride with them into Hangtown for the parade!


I am getting my dress and pinafore ready, and my sunbonnet is waiting at the door.


Next week hopefully I will have lots of photos to show of our trek into town. The photos above are vintage, the first two from 1969 and the last one above 1978.

Wagons ho!

3 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Very cool! I love seeing the old photos that bring back memories of the parade from back in the day.
And I am excited for you, too - and looking forward to seeing pictures from your "ride"!

Candice said...

Have fun at your parade! I can't imagine riding in a covered wagon! Boy do we have an easy life compared to pioneers.

lorlore said...

Have fun, keep cool, can't wait for the photos!!!!!