Friday, May 1, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Butterick 6221, A Dress In Toile With A Lace-Up Bodice

Just a quick and simple little post today, featuring another pattern from the past.
This one is Butterick number 6221, which just happens to be another cute one from the 1970's:
The photo is from a 1971 copy of a "Ladies' Home Journal Needle & Craft" magazine I found at a thrift store last week.
The description of the above picture reads:
 "Artfully provincial in a shepherdress dress, Butterick 6221.
The bodice is made of a quilted toile print; sleeves and apron are identically printed, but unquilted.
Black polished cotton skirt fabric from A. E. Nathan.
Apron lace by Janice.
Boots from J. B. Martin".
And below, you see the front of the pattern, with the dress sewn up in a similar fashion within the same black and white theme:
I think it's pretty cute!
I actually really like all three versions shown on the pattern front.
The sleeveless one in a madras plaid with an eyelet ruffle at the hem looks nice and cool for warm weather, and the one with the red calico skirt and white lace-up bodice top is adorable.
But then, you may have noticed that I am rather partial to the old-fashioned and/or Bohemian sort of look.
I would have dressed like that every day back then, if I could have!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love everything about the dress in the first photo. The whole photo is gorgeous! I'm so glad you posted today. I was getting worried. ;)

lorlore said...

Soooo cute!!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute. I like all of them too, it is nice to see a bit of madras again. Love T