Monday, February 9, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Butterick 6465 - A Cape From Margit Brandt

Today's pattern is a 1970's design by Margit Brandt for a wonderful cape, number 6465, from Butterick.

I found this pattern at a thrift store, and then later I was happy to see that it had been featured in an article in Seventeen Magazine (in October of 1971), along with numerous photos actually shot in Copenhagen!
By Margit Brandt "Young Designer Of Copenhagen", and created exclusively for Butterick Patterns and Seventeen.
Lovely in orange.....
And red....
There's something about capes - I really like them, and I think this one is pretty fabulous:
Here is the article about Margit and her husband Erik:

 And, last of all - the back of the pattern:
 A cape just seems so right for this time of year, something to bundle up in and keep warm.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this one!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the dress or coat on the right in the first picture. The cape is gorgeous. Interesting story of the designer. I see she uses her married name, I guess that was common for back then. I wonder where they are now. A dog named Booze. Hmmm, wonder what they named the baby. LOL?