Monday, December 1, 2014

Finding Vintage Christmas

Discovering little vintage Christmas treasures in my favorite thrift shops makes me a very happy girl!
First up, we have Santa and a big boot:
Next up, a fabulous vintage stocking - felt with beads and sequins!
You KNOW how much I love this stuff!
This little Santa with his reindeer-drawn sleigh is a bit damaged - but for fifty cents, who am I to quibble?
Cake candles fit into the little candle holders:
A cutie-pie pair of snowman (and woman) candle huggers, and a few other wee Santas for my collection:
And I've been finding vintage ornament kits like these, as well:
Below, you will see some vintage stockings, a glittery gold tree-top star, and the smallest size of these vintage tins with the poinsettias and candles (I have the larger ones already).
With all the sizes, you could create your own "treat tower" full of homemade Christmas goodies to give, rather than buying one from a food gifts store or catalog!
The little felt stockings are stamped "Japan", (perfect size for a gift card!) and I love that the red mesh ones still have the little Santa tag attached.
(I'll be showing you some more little Christmas finds in an upcoming post, so stay tuned!)

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, you could decorate a small apartment just with those finds. Squeeze them in somehow! Love the little Santa with his candle holder sleigh. Love T

Sunnyana said...

Vintage Christmas decor is the best kind! Getting ready to get mine out this week. The mesh stockings remind me of elementary school. Each year on the last day before Christmas vacation we were given a small one with candy & a tangerine.

Jill said...

Love that little Noel figure - so sweet!!

I've seen that cookie tin so many times - I think I have two - both different sizes!!

Diane said...

Cute stuff! I've found next to no vintage Xmas this year. Maybe soon?!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Hello my fellow foothills gals!

I linked back to your post on my Countdown to Kitschmas.

http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2014/12/beaded-and-bedazzled.html