Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Plans

What are your plans for Halloween?

We never get trick-or-treaters here in the boondocks, so we don't worry about being at home.

I am going to get dressed up in my El Dorado Rose finery and along with Dolores, last year's Rose, and her friend Lois, visit the elderly folks at the Placerville Pines home in town. Lois is making treats for us to hand out. I am looking forward to our excursion, it will bring back memories, since I worked there as a nurse's aide about 42 years ago.


After our visit we are going down to Main Street, which will be closed to traffic so all the little costumed munchkins can beg candy from store to store. Ought to be a fun time!

Whatever your plans for this Friday, have a happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I love the image on your post. It sounds like you will have a nice Halloween! I love seeing all of the kids in their costumes, and I think it is very nice that merchants on Main Street give out candy for them. I know I would have loved to do that when I was a kid! Heck, even now - if I could go someplace and people would give me free candy, I'd be happy! Happy Hauntings!

Sheryl said...

I think it's great that you are going to the nursing home to treat the residents. Enjoy main street.
Sheryl

Annette said...

I love that you go to the elderly folks for a visit. Have fun and be safe out there!