Friday, September 26, 2014

Patterns From The Past: More Butterick Designs By Betsey Johnson

Since I wrote about Betsey Johnson the other day, it inspired me to do another post featuring more of her vintage designs for Butterick patterns. All of these are from the 1970's.
Here is an advertisement from Seventeen Magazine, 1976, featuring pattern numbers 4676, 4678, and 4679:
The pattern below looks to me as though it was meant to coordinate with those above. I am loving those shoes!
Here's a pretty coat, all made up in a nice, warm plaid with faux fur lining the collar:
It was made like this one on the pattern front, you see:
From Butterick pattern number 6837:
And this pretty quilted satin jacket and matching skirt....
...made like the black one pictured below:
From this pattern, Butterick number 6839:
I thought I'd just throw in a couple more patterns.
Butterick pattern number 6838, shirt dress, sweater, cardigan and vest by "Young Designer Betsey Johnson of Alley Cat":
And last of all, Butterick # 6907, an evening dress to make short or long, with a jacket as a cover-up:
That's all the vintage Betsey Johnson I've got for today!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, a treasure trove of Betsey designs. Nice! Love T