Sunday, February 9, 2014

Beef Stew In The Slow Cooker

I made some beef stew in the slow cooker the other day.
It was my first time trying out the Slow Cooker Liners by Reynolds:
I used a recipe out of the cookbook below.
Lori gave it to me:
It turned out a bit more on the soupy side, because I messed with the recipe a bit:
 I may use less liquid the next time, or try throwing in some Minute Tapioca to help thicken it up a bit. I think I had a stew recipe once upon a time that called for that.
What it WAS, however, was hearty and hot and a nice dinner on a winter evening!
(Oh, and yes - the liner did surely make for a nice and easy clean-up afterward!)

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Looks good. You do have to remember to use less liquid in a slow cooker than with other methods. You can always add more later if you need to, but hard to take it away and keep the flavor. I haven't tried the liners yet. They look like a good idea, and might help when we are transporting the meal elsewhere, we usually have a bit of a mishap while on Highway 193. Love T