Monday, October 7, 2013

A Viking Find

I found a lovely vintage piece of green glassware - I'm pretty sure it's Viking glass - at a rummage sale in Columbia State Historic Park a couple of weeks ago.
It was inexpensive, and I snapped it up quickly!
  I think it's gorgeous, but the main reason I wanted it was because it goes so well with the piece in the photo below:
That one was here in the house when we moved in, and belonged to my in-laws. The two actually seem to be slightly different shades of green, which I don't believe is apparent in the photos.
They now they sit happily (if glass can be happy - I like to think that it can) side by side and I must say, they do look smashing together!
(Oh - perhaps I shouldn't use the word "smashing" when referring to lovely vintage art glass.
I'm just sayin'......)

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Although I am not really a fan, I applaud your find, but I think they would be happier filled with the candy corn you showed us this morning! Love T

GardenOfDaisies said...

These are really pretty. I love green glass!