Sunday, February 10, 2013

Found: Fab Fabrics

Colorful fabrics just seem to make me smile. I buy remnants and things at thrift stores when I see them, because I seem powerless to resist. And I am always thinking I can make a pillow or something out of it, if there's enough! The blue and green one above is a particular favorite. I also like this one:
The bright daisies below are on a vintage flat sheet - I keep buying up great floral sheets when I find them. I use some of them for their intended use - and the others? Well, there's lots of usable fabric there:
And the next one, below, turned out to be especially useful.
It's some type of a cover for something, and I was able to drape it over my sofa - which MUCH improves the look of it - you'll just have to trust me on that one. I'd love to have the sofa reupholstered or at least slipcovered but I don't have the money, so this will have to do for now:
I think I may have shown you this one before - it has a sort of a 70's vibe to it; I like it, too:
This woven textile is a bit stained, unfortunately, but it might make a cool pillow, despite it's flaws:
And last, this pretty old-fashioned floral with a blue background has a lovely vintage look. It looks like some old barkcloth patterns I've seen, but it isn't barkcloth.
I know what you're probably thinking:, "Heidi - quit dreaming about it all, and get to stitching on that new Singer sewing machine, already!"

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, lots of pretty fabric. Yes, you need to get sewing! Love T