Monday, February 4, 2013

A Russel Wright Find

I must say, I very rarely find Russel Wright anything in a thrift store. so, I was tickled to find this dish (celery dish?) recently.
And with a very low price tag on it.
 Cool.
Oddly enough, Lori had found some nice vintage magazines in the same store. ( I had walked right by and missed them - dang it!). When we were looking through them later that evening, I just happened across this advertisement for Russel Wright American Modern dinnerware by Steubenville Pottery, featuring a photo of one of the very same dishes as the one I had just found that day! Apparently, the name of the color of my dish is Granite Grey. I like it.
This kind of thing happens to me fairly often, and I have mentioned it a number of times before.....
...but every single time it happens, I get a big kick out of it.
And I always feel like I have to share it with you.
Very cool.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice find. His pieces are so deceptively simple. Love T

Into Vintage said...

*Love* Russel Wright! I too found one lone dish a a thrift recently which got me thinking that I would like more RW and the last thing I need are more dishes ... :-)

Debbie V. said...

Nice!

Andy's Attic said...

That is a great find! Good for you.

yosemite faith said...

how very cool - again, great find heidi.

Unknown said...

Amazing! I didn't even know about Russel Wright till now. Must keep my eyes open for pieces too.