Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sunset Magazine's "Kitchen Cabinet"

I happily picked up this vintage cookbook, above, from Sunset Magazine when I found it at a thrift shop (or was it a garage sale? I don't even know...). I knew exactly what the "Kitchen Cabinet" was, from seeing it in the pages of vintage Sunset magazines.
The cookbook is a compilation of the Kitchen Cabinet series from the issues over the years, featuring recipes and the most delightful black and white illustrations. You can see on the three covers below how Sunset's logo changed over the years:
And here are two pages for the holidays, from inside the book:
"How to Make A Sugar Plum Tree". I love old cookbooks.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Pumpkin nut pudding sounds really good! Sunset still has some good recipes most months. Love T

Debbie V. said...

I've always loved Sunset Magazine. I grew up near L.A. and always enjoyed flipping through my mom-in-law's copy and thinking how wonderful it would be to go to all the places and fix my house and cook those foods...a little wish book!