Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Glad" Flowers

A week ago, I went in to work in the morning and my friend Olivia (who also works at the City Hotel front desk) had left these flowers as a surprise for me! A gorgeous, huge bouquet of lovely gladiolus flowers from her garden:
She had come in the evening before, after I had gone home for the night and left them sitting on the front counter so I would see them when I came in first thing the next day. She also left me the sweetest note, and both that and the flowers certainly did put a smile on my face! I had had a rather rough day the day before (she didn't even really know that), and so Tuesday sure did start out on a great note - and then proceeded to be a much better day than Monday had been. It's a week later, and I am still enjoying them - they're sitting in our kitchen window sill.
How totally nice was that? "Glad" flowers, indeed.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

They are glorious! What a great gift. "Glad" your work day improved. Love T

farmlady said...

What a lovely thing for her to do. Doesn't it feel good when you know that someone did something just for you?
Blessing come when you least suspect them to.
Lovely flowers...