Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Ones That Keep You In Stitches

Today's thrift finds involve stitchery, starting with this cute little pair of framed "pictures", made from from kits:

And here's another pair - these two are fabulous. They combine crewel work in yarn and those flowers made with little looms:

I love the green backgrounds:

A set of three nice napkins, with cross-stitches in blue:

And check out this next one! Disney's adorable Dumbo, so colorful in cross-stitch on a coverlet for baby.:

Sweet.

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love the coverlet, so cute! Love T

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

All adorable, but that Dumbo coverlet is fabulous! I adore Disney everything & to see a beautiful piece like that is a real drooler! Great finds!
~Vickie~

Tami Von Zalez said...

Two thumbs up on the Dumbo coverlet find!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I used to do a lot of crewel embroider. Sad to see it go out of style.

yosemite faith said...

i love dumbo!

Into Vintage said...

I love those little stitchery scenes (and the big ones as well) and I almost always buy them when I come across them. So much work by the person who stitched them! And they're great sellers in my etsy shop. :-)

farmlady said...

I envy folks that can sew like this.
Really pretty!