Thursday, June 14, 2012

Red, White And Blue Finds For Flag Day

Let's celebrate Flag Day with some of my recent finds in red, white and blue, shall we? This shirt was in the free box at one of our local thrift stores. Why free? You've got me - there's not a thing wrong with it, it fits me - and I rather like it. Perfect for Flag Day or the Fourth of July! Doesn't get better than free - it works for me!


I found this album, and I liked the artwork on the front. I also like the stars. Some of you may know that Eileen Herlie played Myrtle Fargate on All My Children for many years. I always thought she seemed like the neatest old gal. And Robert Morse is on "Mad Men"! Sadly, the three stars given top billing are no longer with us. And great stars they were.

I found a great Vera scarf - in cotton! It's the only cotton one I have ever found:

I love it. (Oh, and in keeping with my theme today, the blue linen shirt seen with the scarf in the picture below was also free - nothing wrong with it, either - and exactly my size. What;s wrong with these people?):

And I also found a really cute vintage apron in a red, white and blue floral. It has a label inside from a company I had never heard of before, "Apron Tree Of California", and on the tag it also says "This Is My Hangup". Cute.


Have yourselves a rip-roaring, flag-waving sort of day - okay?

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Okay, flag is on the wave. Love that crazy Vera scarf with the peas ans carrots. Very cool! Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

Hooray for the red, white and blue! That top is cute and Vera Wang has the prettiest patterns. Great finds~

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

“Why free? You've got me - there's not a thing wrong with it, it fits me”

“Why free?” Hmmmm?.....

“it fits me” A clue?

Heidi, the photo on GC Girls’ splash page?...the smiling, toothlessly, cutie patootey little one?...I’d assumed that was an older pic; could it be recent? :-D

Paul Duca said...

TAKE ME ALONG holds an unsettling footnote in Broadway history...it was the first musical to run a year in New York and still not return its original investment.

yosemite faith said...

lots of good stuff heidi - glad you found a cotton vera