Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Quick Post

Well, I spent a lot of time trying to load photos on here and then lost them, so I am attempting again, different photos this time.  I have lost my momentum, so I am just going to wing it.


Cheshire Cat likes the hot weather this week.  He likes to hang out on the front porch.


He also follows me around the yard when I come out to take pictures.


Chessie's perch on the porch.


Our largest catalpa tree is in full bloom right now.  It smells wonderful!


The flowers are so pretty.  I've never used them as cut flowers, I may try it sometime.


Ishi and Chess play on the steps.  Ishi was bit by a rattlesnake last night.  This is his second time. Last September when he was not quite three months he was bit in the face and the vet gave him medicine and pain killers.  They said if it happens again it won't be so bad the next time.  That seems to be the case, he was bit in the face again (curiosity killed the cat... there is some truth in that I think!) and he is less swollen and doesn't seem to feel ill or be in pain.


Hollyhocks are blooming, reaching to the heavens.


Well, that 's it for today.

5 comments:

farmlady said...

Yes, Tina, this is the time of year that I dread. We haven't seen a rattler, yet, but it's been hot and that always brings them out.
I think Annie was bit last year and survived. Now she has a funny looking nose again. It's swollen and red. I have, over the years, chased her away from a couple of rattlesnakes. They rattle and she is intrigued with them.
She always survives so I guess she is kind of immune, like yours.
Outdoor cats have to be tough.
I love your porches. You have views similar to mine. You live in a lovely place.
Glad you "tried again". Nice post!!

Heidi Ann said...

Love the kitty pics!
And the flowers are lovely, too.

yosemite faith said...

while living in copperopolis, chaka (rip) was bit by a rattlesnake. she had to stay at the vet almost a week - she looked liked she had been in drug rehap or something - poor thing. guess the snake only got her with one fang so she survived. your cats have a nice porch and yard to play and investigate in. great photos.

craftyles said...

Oh the hollyhocks are beautiful. Cute kitty!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I know exactly where Ms. Tina lives. Yeah, the property over yonder with all the “Please don’t pet the rattlesnakes” signs. (They’re out & about indeed. I came across 2 on the El Dorado Trail Monday. Cute li’l fellers, they be.)

Beautiful porch, yard, flowers, & kittie kats, Tina.