Monday, March 26, 2012

OH, Yeah....

I was SO happy to finally have the opportunity to watch "Mad Men" again last night!
And I simply had to pick up this copy of Newsweek when we went to the supermarket yesterday morning. The promise of a Mad Men article - with photos - and also vintage or retro-style advertising inside was impossible for me to resist. I mean, you know how much I love my old magazines and advertisements, right?
Vintage Newsweek covers:
And some great ads, like Hush Puppies:
And Dunkin' Donuts:
And British Airways:
And the ad below - you know, even if I had a tablet computer, I would still buy magazines and books no matter what. I like old magazines, new magazines, old books, new books - can't get enough of 'em, actually! They don't have to sell me on it! I'm already sold:

Yep, a vintage-style magazine, and "Mad Men" is back - it doesn't get much better than that!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Now, I can't wait for next week.......

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Yep, I DVR'd it, and can't wait to watch. Great new "old" magazine you found. I love paper too! One thing also that is going away is the old newspaper. I will definitely miss newspapers the most if they stop making them. What will I do while I drink my coffee? Love T

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Ok, I wasn't going to do it but I'm copping out here that I've NEVER watched Mad Men! I didn't even know what it was till a few months ago! I kept seeing reference to it as a "style" of just about everything 60-ish but wondered why the heck it was called that. So I FINALLY found out & even more amazing is how in the world I missed SEVEN seasons of not knowing (I live under a rock apparently). I DVR'd last night & rented the 1st 3 episodes of season one. Think I'll start watching the current season with some oldies mixed in each week. HooBoy would I LOVE to have that rolling bar cart in that ad above! Also I'm an old dinosaur in other ways too - I do NOT own an electronic reading device! I refuse! If I'm going to read a mag, book or newspaper I want to touch, feel, smell the paper! I worry constantly about losing the Sac Bee. Love the old time ads too Heidi Ann. They just touch a string in this old girl's heart

yosemite faith said...

i have never watched mad men either. i have known about it - just haven't. i don't have an electronic reading device either. guess i am more old fashioned than i ever thought i would be.

Debbie V. said...

I have GOT to add MM to my DVR list. Love these shots!

Hunting Tigress said...

I adore Mad Men. It is by far the best show on television and I was so glad for its return this week after a too long hiatus. I am with you about the paper thing. I would rather read a book or magazine in the paper version than on an electronic device. It just doesn't feel right "flipping" the pages on a tablet!

Paul Duca said...

Something you may not know...the girl in the yellow sweater and white jeans on the motorcycle in "The Teen-Agers" cover (from 1966) is future actress Jan Smithers, best know for her role as Bailey Quarters on WKRP IN CINCINNATI. Later she married James Brolin and settled down to a quiet life in Nova Scotia...until, of course, he dumped her for Barbra Streisand.