Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yard Sale Friday With Robin

My dear friend Robin, whom I seldom get to see, had a day off last Friday and she treated me to a wonderful day of yard sale shopping!
I was so tickled with my finds that day. I don't have photos of every single thing, but here are pictures of SOME of my "loot"

A gorgeous Ransburg hand-painted canister; the top is pretty "chippy" but the bottom of it is perfect. I love it despite it's imperfections:

The cutest vintage Hallmark set of two decks of playing cards in their original case:

A Monterey Jade vase! I have NEVER seen one at a yard sale or a thrift shop, and I was THRILLED to find it!
Itty bitty stuff: little birds to add to my bird collection, a horse pin, tiny medal and and elephants on parade:

Robin's mother sent along these vintage cards for me, because she knows I love them. Wasn't that sweet of her?

I found ten bags of these wooden beads at one of the sales. I can't explain why, but I love painted wooden beads and blocks:
Three nice lampshades, two brand new and one that looks new (for all of those wayward lamps-without-shades I come across), a vintage tablecloth, and a cute little vintage pottery duck:
One more view of the tablecloth - it is faded, but very pretty nevertheless:

We had such a good time together.
Thank you SO much, Robbi!!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What great stuff! I am so glad you got to spend quality time with Robbi. I love the horse pin and the little duck planter. Love T

Vickie said...

I'd say you hit the jackpot Heidi Ann! A day couldn't be much better than yard saliling with a good friend. You hit the jackpot on both counts. I LOVE the table cloth & the tiny birds. Sure wish I'd saved all mom's table cloths! They were so cute & I remember her laborous weekends ironing them! (which became my job eventually - yuck! ;- ) I cringe when I think of the "mom's stuff" I SHOULD have saved. *sigh*

Heidi Ann said...

Vickie - I wish you'd saved your Mom's stuff, too. And you're sure right about the combination of a good friend and a bunch of good yard sales!

farmlady said...

It's always good to have a friend that loves to thrift shop too. Makes it more fun that way.
Amazing all the loot you found. I love the cookie jar and the tablecloth. Nice finds.