Friday, August 26, 2011

Fashions To Create From '78

It is not often that I find so many great things inside one magazine, like all of the examples I am showing you today from a Good Housekeeping magazine, circa 1978.
I love gingham! And these are so pretty:


Check out this beautiful shawl:
And I still have two from the 70's that were gifts, and very similar to the ones below:
Calico and crochet together? What a lovely idea....
....especially when the results of the mix are as pretty as this:
Croquet and crochet - perfect for your next Victorian garden party:

What a fabulous skirt, below! Trimmed in buttons, rickrack and crochet - love it:
And I'll close with some lovely embroidered designs:
Old-fashioned appeal will never grow "old" - in my opinion.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great stuff! I love that first shawl! Ishi would tear it to pieces though. Speaking of Ishi, the kitten in the picture looks somewhat like him. Maybe a GGGGGGGrandfather or something? Super post. Love T

Vickie said...

Off Subject because I don't know where else to let you know.....
I did it! I got the blog started! Whew, what a couple of weeks of trauma. It's not yet as pretty as yours & Atomic Ranch House but she tells me I will figure it all out in time - I hope so. Anyway, please drop in for the "house warming". I'd LOVE to have you! Vickie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love these fashions! Those gingham ones would be my favorite! Love the shawls, too! Twyla

Heidi Ann said...

OK, Vickie - but how do we find your blog??

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

I'm sorry. I'm still a ding-dong with all this stuff. I think the address is now showing up on my posts.