Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood

"Who's that I see walking in these woods? Why, it's Little Red Riding Hood!"


Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood....
...you sure are lookin' good:

You're everything that a big, bad wolf could want.
Now, who do you suppose would be crazy enough to purchase a red wool hooded jacket in the middle of summer?
Keep guessing.
Nope, not her:
Come on - don't you think she already had one?
Or two?

All right, already - yes, 'twas I.

I couldn't help myself. It's from Coldwater Creek, and the price was right. And it goes so well with the scarf my friend Marcia gave me a couple of years ago for my birthday.
I am so totally calling it my "Little Red Riding Hood Jacket", and I can hardly wait until the weather is cold enough to wear it!

5 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i love that song and all the books you showed. little red riding hood sure is a classic, in every sense of the word. congrats on your coat!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh! Do you know what a Little Red Riding Hood fan I am?! Loved her for almost 50 years now! (Ooh, did I admit that on line?) Your coat is beautiful and you are going to look so good in it! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Wonderful cozy coat. What a great find! Love T

Unknown said...

awwww that is lovely ;-)) dee x

Paul Duca said...

That man is a genius, pairing Betty Boop and Sam the Sham. It's easy to see that was a pre-Code product, the way Betty was working her garters.