Monday, January 31, 2011

What's Penny Wearing? #42 Alfred Shaheen

To clarify, Penny really isn't so much "wearing" today's example as she is "displaying" it for me. A fabulous Alfred Shaheen fabric panel from the 60's featuring butterflies that I found at a thrift store. I draped it around her because I thought it would surely make a lovely dress.
What gorgeous style these butterflies have!


These panels would also be great as framed wall art, don't you think?


 Here's a pattern which shows a dress made out of the fabric - not a good image, I'm afraid:


5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very fascinating. Love the fabric. Now that you can sew, perhaps you should buy the pattern and make the dress. I think it was meant to be. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Now that I can sew??
You are very funny, Tina!

Jennifer D said...

Those panels are gorgeous. You have such a good eye. I think a dress would be amazing but I would probably have then put on a frame a hang them up. So pretty.

yosemite faith said...

you should have never posted pictures of you sewing heidi.....listen to your sister tina :D

jungle dream pagoda said...

OMIGOSH !!! Tooo too wonderful!!!
Oh yes do farme it!