Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stitchery Kits From The Past

Stitchery kits today - most of these were out of McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazines from the 1970's, with a focus today mostly on crewel work. I know Tina will like this first one - beautiful nasturtiums!
Erica Wilson designs:
I love this Hearts And Flowers design, below:

More pretty flowers from LeeWards:

And Bucilla designs:
These, below, are all absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had every single one of these! From Better Homes And Gardens, circa 1968:
And one more page from McCall's:

A pretty pair, indeed.
I believe this will be the first in a series of posts featuring vintage needlework such as these, simply because I enjoy sharing them with you!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Yes, I do love the nasturtium hanging, I have it somewhere, not stitched by me, and not framed, so I don't hang it. It is really big. I love all your examples. Crewel can be so pretty and colorful. Looking forward to more! Love T

yosemite faith said...

i loved mcalls crafts et al mags back in the day! great examples.