Friday, January 28, 2011

Nestle's Again

I have written about Nestle's before, but here I am, at it again.
I didn't even know they ever sold a dry packaged cookie mix. This ad is from 1952:

I think I probably like every kind of cookie or confection made with any type of Nestle's Brand morsels! Take Oatmeal Scotchies, here, for instance:
Or these Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches...
Or most likely just about anything from this 1980 Toll House cookbook:

Mint and Milk Chocolate Morsels were new in 1968. I swear they didn't carry them at the grocery store where Daddy shopped (Safeway in Placerville), because I still don't believe I knew they existed back then!
I didn't see these Limited Edition Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels at all until after the holidays - but I just HAD to get some!

This is a sweet advertisement - just watchin' the cookies bake:

I recently made some cookies, into which I put an assortment of "chips" because I had so many different bags with varying amounts left inside. (Yes, some leftover Hershey's managed to sneak in there, as well.)
We really liked them. Nothing new there.

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Mint and Milk Chocolate Morsels sound really yummy. Daddy probably didn't tell you about them because he didn't like chocolate. Too bad. Your assorted chips cookies sound wonderful. Love T

Protector of Vintage said...

I'm going to make those Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches! Thanks for the post!!!

★Carol★ said...

I've been meaning to make those Oatmeal Scotchies, but didn't remember 'til now. Thanks for the reminder!

Lorlore said...

I have a hot chocolate recipe to make and give as a gift. You add the mint chips to it and when you make a cup and they melt in.....HEAVEN!!!!!!! I will try to find it to share!

yosemite faith said...

the mint choc chips that you can't get anymore are great in the chocolate cookie recipe on the back of reeses chips - just replace peanut butter chips with the mint ones. i can never find them anymore. the mint chips are good in brownies too. i am not a mint fan and i like them in those two recipes alot.

farmlady said...

What would we do without Nestle's Toll House chips. Chocolate chip cookies were the first ones I ever learned to make.
What a wonderful sugary, sweet post.

Unknown said...

Making my mouth water...i love old advertising photo's they really seem to draw you in. have a lovely weekend, dee x

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've always been a fan of oatmeal scotchies! yum