Saturday, January 22, 2011

Go, Granny, Go

Just here today to spread a little vintage granny square love.
Bright "His and Hers" vests:

This skirt certainly is colorful....and unusual:

Another skirt:

A maxi dress:

I actually really like this sweater:

You can make accessories, too - like belts:

And bags:

Don't forget baby stuff!

Not sure whether these, below are technically considered granny squares- a variation, perhaps? Too cute to leave out today:

And you could even use them to decorate your windows!

Yes, indeed - granny squares were popping out all over back in the day.

9 comments:

happileah said...

I know some people who could totally put that look off, today. I could NEVER, but it really is sorta cute :)

Lorlore said...

Loving the rainbow skirt the lady is wearing holding the baby in its colorful cover up!!! Lots of cute 'grannies'!!!!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I like the long white granny dress and the baby bunting. Granny had it going on back in the day, eh?

Jennifer D said...

I agree with lorlore! I love that rainbow skirt and the bunting is so cool. Let's bring the granny back.

Tina Dawn said...

I love them all, especially the colorful unusual skirt and the maxi dress. Love T

farmlady said...

Oh my gosh! It's granny squares out of control. I have never seen so many variations of "grannys" in my life and I lived through the 60's.
Wonderful and colorful post....

Unknown said...

;-))this made me smile 70's power at its best and colourful ;-)) I have to say i love the childrens clothes and think the crochet works best for them, Dee ;-) x

yosemite faith said...

my mom made me a mini skirt of granny squares from a pattern in mccalls. the squares were all black on the outside with bright colors on the interior. i still have it. it had a drawstring waist - i wore a black blouse and black tights. i wore it when my sr picture was taken in high school. my mom could sure crochet - she could sew as well as a 'queen's seamstress' - she did not enjoy either but was a perfectionist and could also mend so well you could not tell she had done mending. it looked as good as new. i do not have her talents.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love it! Love it! Especially the maxi dress! Twyla