Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fruit As Sculpture

I had been keeping our bananas and Clementines in a smaller vintage bowl, and then I remembered that I had this pretty oblong pottery planter stashed away. Perfect!

I just thought the fruit with the yellow pottery had such a lovely, sculptural quality.
And it reminded me of my bowl of wooden fruit I found last fall at a thrift store:
Did you notice our lovely (ahem!) wallpaper behind the fruit in that second photo? Well I was so surprised when I actually found it pictured in a copy of Modern Bride magazine from 1968 that I picked up at an estate sale a couple of months ago!
1968 - yep, sounds about right. I guess that's about when my in-laws had it put up. Maybe we will win the lottery or something before another 43 years go by, and be able to remodel our kitchen!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

;-)) Im loving that wall paper and the orginal picture and those wooden kitchen cupboards i really like ;-)) Your fruit looks lovely in the yellow bowl thats a gorg shape. Have a lovely day, Dee x

Tina Dawn said...

I think you better just give up and learn to really love your sixties paper. There are probably lots of people out there who wan paper like that for their kitchen. Your real fruit sculpture is beautiful and I bet it tastes great. Love T

yosemite faith said...

nice bowl. i can't wait to see the next thing you remember you have somewhere and then you will have another post!!