Thursday, January 27, 2011

Barbie Dress-Up Day #16 More Handmade Fashions

Today's Barbie post is all about home made fashions. The only example I have of a crocheted or knitted item like some of those I'm featuring today is this Tyrolean-looking outfit:

In the one below, Barbie is ready to travel - with luggage that matches her hair!

Barbie and her beau Ken, all set to go ice skating (with Skipper!), or out for a stroll in their pretty green knits:
Stylish separates, including ponchos, one with a cute matching hat!
Skipper will stay nice and warm in her lovely coats:

An advertisement from 1965:
Here's a full shot of Barbie in her outfit. She's quite the fashionista, really - and I believe I heard her whisper something about not being caught dead in this get-up:

Sorry, Barb - I only bought it because my name is Heidi, and I thought it was cute.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Hey, I think Barbie is about to star in our new production of Hansel and Gretel! Love the ponchos. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

That outfit just makes me want to yodel. It's quite colorful and lovely. Deal with it BARB!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, that Tyrolian outfit is just priceless! As a knitter and crocheter I can certainly appreciate the work that goes into those tiny stitches. It would have taken A Lot of patience! I doubt there are many examples of knitted and crochet outfits out there. Have a nice day! Twyla

yosemite faith said...

those outfits are all so amazing. tina is right about the barbie in hansel and gretel possibilities. how cool are all those handmade clothes.

farmlady said...

Great Post!
I didn't have a Barbie when I was growing up. Maybe I'm too old and they didn't sell them them in the 50's.
I love all the knitted clothes. I didn't know she came with clothes like that.... especially the Hansel and Gretel outfit. I think it's cute but Barbie always did like the beautiful dresses. Didn't she have a little sister? Maybe Barbie can give the outfit to her.