Friday, October 1, 2010

My Agatha Christie Paperbacks (Part One)

So, October is here at last! Time to think "spooky", yes? Think mystery novels? Sure, why not? And this post is about my favorites.
I think I was in high school when I read my first Agatha Christie mystery. One was all it took, and I was hooked!
The artwork on the covers in these first few photos were my favorites:
Hercule Poirot was my favorite, although I loved Miss Marple, too.
I came upon my stash of paperbacks that had been packed away in storage recently.I believe I bought every single book I could get my hands on back in the 70's, as soon as they were published.

Oddly enough, I don't even remember where I got them? Most likely they were purchased at The Placerville News Company on Main Street in Placerville - still one of my favorite businesses in town. We've always called it The Newsstand - and I fondly remember the owner George Duffy - he was a very nice man!
There are so many of them that I decided to show them in two posts!
To be continued....

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great collection. I love readig her books too. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i love pbs for many reasons but bringing the mystery story to tv is one of them.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I used to read Agatha Christie when I was a teenager. My very favorite was And Then There Were None. Twyla