Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back To The Future

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the first film in the Back To The Future trilogy, starring the ultra-talented Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. I had completely forgotten how absolutely great these movies are. A while back when there was a BTTF movie marathon on TV one Saturday afternoon, I caught portions of all three of the movies in this fabulous series. I'm not sure that I have ever even seen them in their entirety, and what I did manage to watch that day left me wanting more. I decided I would start searching for them at thrift stores. I have only managed to find one so far:

A replica of the DeLorean used in the films was at Railtown 1897 State Park in Jamestown on October 2nd. It is owned by Oliver and Terry Holler, who use it on their fund raising mission for Team Fox, Michael J. Fox's foundation for Parkinson's research. My husband was down there that day and took a few pictures. You can read more information about these movies and the upcoming theatrical re-release later this month, etc., at this website.
There was even a Hover Board leaning against the car - see?
And here's a shot of Sierra #3, used in the filming of Part III.
My husband was actually working on the train on one of the days when they were filming the scene in BTTF Part III where Mary Steenburgen's character was trying to get up to the engine.
If you have seen these films, then you know exactly what I am talking about. If you haven't , then I would most sincerely and strongly suggest that you rent them or whatever you need to do in order to see them. They are GREAT. REALLY entertaining.
You are in for a treat!
Seriously.

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

i remember seeing the first one and really liking it and then talking one of my stockton friends who was up visiting to go see it again in sonora. i also knew someone who was an extra on part 3. lots of producers and crew lived in poker flat while filming. we would run into them all the time when we were on our pontoon boat (*miss it*).