Saturday, August 14, 2010

Soldier Boy......

"...oh, my little soldier boy.....I'll be true to you!"

Yes, I placed him on a pedestal - because it is there that he deserves to be. I saw him at a thrift store, and I'm afraid I left him there. But I couldn't get him out of my mind. So when I went back through the same town two days later, I felt compelled to stop back in to see if he had waited for me.
Indeed, he had!
And he was half price that day!

For $1.35, I made him mine.
I truly hope that it is not wrong to love him.
Because, I must admit that I do.

6 comments:

Lorlore said...

Love him!!! He is adorable!!!!!!

Jennifer D said...

He is fabulous! I love his moustache and brows.

Tina Dawn said...

I am reading "Vanity Fair" by William Makepeace Thackeray, and in it is a character who is a British soldier named Captain George Osborne, and I imagine that he looks just like your soldier boy. Very regal. Love T

Tina Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love it. Mom has the Three Wise Men in that same style, from the same 70's era.

yosemite faith said...

what a steal! congrats on a great purchase.