Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Great Gatsby, Revisited

I wrote a post last year about how much I loved this 1974 film version of the classic F. Scott Fitzgerald novel. But, after I had written that, I came across this great newspaper clipping I had cut out and saved for all of these years. A lovely work of art, and I wish I knew the name of the artist who rendered it, so I could give credit where credit is due:
I also already showed you this great photo of Mia Farrow on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post:
And, yes - I told you that I had the movie and the paperback:
But I didn't even remember that I also had this! Another paperback, purchased in 1974, this one about the filming of the movie. Found it packed away in a box of books I unearthed in my storage space - books I have had since I was in high school. So, one more piece in my little collection:

And I am STILL hoping to get my hands on that soundtrack LP.
Maybe one of these days.

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I hope you find your LP. Great collection. Love T

★Carol★ said...

I remember watching that movie all those years ago, and I've wanted to read the book too, but never have gotten around to it! I hope a copy of that LP finds it's way into your hands real soon!

moonshinejunkyard said...

one of the best novels, ever, and the film is great too which is a rare treat! what a cool little book about the making of it, i bet it was fun to work on a 20s style set with so much opulence and fashion!

barncat (Lisa) said...

One of my favorite books and movie, fun post!

yosemite faith said...

of course you will find the LP - you are heidi ho!!! i love mia farrow and robt redford too.

Paul Duca said...

And don't forget Mia Farrow as Daisy was the cover of the first issue of PEOPLE magazine.

There was also a film version of it m made in 1949, with Alan Ladd as Gatsby.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I was looking for some material for a video about The Great Gatsby and I found your blog. Thanks so much! If you please, watch my youtube channel (anthropophagy - augusto mariante). There are things about F.Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda - maybe it could interest you. Thanks, Antonio Augusto from Brazil