Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shiny and Brite

Is there anybody out there who doesn't love Shiny Brites?
I didn't think so.
I love the different examples of box styles and graphics through the years:
A peek inside some of my boxes. Some of these may or may not be Shiny Brites, but these 2 boxes hold some of my most treasured specimens. Many of them were here in the house, and have been enjoyed by this family for over 50 years:
Love, love LOVE the miniatures!
Shiny Brite in pink and blue. Sometimes I find a great SB box that does NOT contain Shiny Brites. I usually manage to trade those out for authentic ones!
There is nothing like a tree with all glass ornaments on it, and the reflection of the lights in them. I have TONS of other ornaments, old and new, Hallmark, etc, that I have collected over my lifetime, but here lately I want only Shiny Brites on my tree.

5 comments:

LunaKris said...

You're lucky to have so many beautiful ornaments! The lights and the shiny trims make a home look warm and happy. Especially in the gloom of a storm. Here in New England we're under a ton of snow. Yeek!

Tina Dawn said...

I am just the same way with my glow-in-the-dark ornaments. I need to have more trees for my other vintage ornaments that I also love. Like the shiny brite (non-glow) ones. And the twinklers, and the ones I've made and collected over the years that aren't vintage but are very nice. So little time, so many ornaments... Or one really really tall tree, like maybe 3 or 4 stories tall. That would do it. I am already thinking I need to do a part 2 on my glow ornaments since some weren't lucky enough to be showcased. Love T

barbara said...

Maybe my favorite thing in the world. I know, I've said that before, but Shiny Brites have got to be in the top 10.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Beautiful ornaments, Heidi! Twyla

yosemite faith said...

i am so envious!!!!