Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thrifted Wearables

It sure is a lot more fun to shop for clothes now that I can fit in to smaller sizes. And finding nice things at reasonable (or cheap!) prices makes it even better! First up, a nice Woolrich shirt in a nice autumnal print, a pretty leaf pin (on the blouse) and some brown suede boot/shoes that I LOVE. I just saw a very similar pair in the September issue of Real Simple magazine - the same brand as mine, Aerosoles, for $89. My price? $1.99!:
You may or may not like my Granny Square vest/jacket - that's okay with me - I like it, and I'm the one who will be wearing it!
I found a nice Liz Claiborne Ultrasuede (?) shirt/jacket in a pretty butterscotch color, and a green turtleneck:

I didn't have anything with an animal print but now I do! A pretty blouse:
And I found a nice scarf, a "pearl" necklace, and some black boots, too! The boots were $1.99, also.
And another nice shirt, a floral print in great colors for fall:

I'm loving adding my latest "thrifted wearables" to my wardrobe.
(I have found pants, as well - but I cannot get Penny to model them! She insists on wearing only skirts and dresses.)

4 comments:

Lorlore said...

Great finds!! You will be 'stylin" when you wear them!! Keep up the great work thriftin!!

Tina Dawn said...

I love the granny square vest! I found a colorful granny square sweater and I wear it all the time. (except for this winter, so thanks for reminding me). Nice finds. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i have a granny square skirt my mom crocheted for me in high school - basically black background with lots of great bright colors - i still have it and remember how much i loved wearing that in 1969! (with black tights and i black crepe russian style blouse). how much weight have you lost now heidi - looks like a bunch. cut back on my meds and lost about 12 lbs and with the surgery i had lost about 10 more. but to get back to where i was when you saw me i would need to lose about 60 lbs more! i would be real happy with 30 - 40 but at this point i'll take any weight loss i can muster.
you sure can thrift shop girlfriend!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I think the granny square vest is groovey! Twyla