Saturday, November 28, 2009

Then and Now #55 Hormel Chili

Hormel Chili in a can, shown here in a couple of old magazine advertisements:
This is one is from 1953 (sorry neither of them could fit completely on my scanner!):
Serve it at your party to warm up a cold night! From 1971:

And "Now", they have a number of varieties to choose from, including Turkey Chili - these two are from our pantry:
I may be an oddball, but I'm kind of funny about chili. While I do sometimes enjoy nice homemade chili from a simmering pot, I actually prefer it from a can! Sorry, people.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Their fat free beef chili with beans is the best, I love it. Now I am hungry and I have no turkey to make a sandwich. I am very sorry for myself. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Strangely enough, I'm not sure I've ever had Hormel chili! I think I must give a can a try! Twyla

yosemite faith said...

if you can find a canned chili you like - ya gotta stick with it. john makes homemade and it is never the same. i love that hormel is the 'good time chili'.....