Friday, November 6, 2009

Oh, Fudge!

As if having leftover Halloween candy wasn't temptation enough ,we have also just plain had fudge on the brain here in our house lately! I've been thinking about the all different types of fudge I could make for the holidays - more "flavors" than my usual standby chocolate with walnuts or pecans:
I get a kick out of this ad - um, yeah - lower calorie fudge because you use Pet Evaporated Skimmed Milk to make it. Oh - okay, right, sure...
I might try this peanut butter fudge:
Or a "Fudgie Scotch Ring" - looks pretty, sounds yummy!I have instructions from my husband to bring home some fudge from Disneyland later this month. But, we couldn't wait, so he brought home some from here:
From Nelson's
Columbia Candy Kitchen - fudge, in chocolate and peanut butter:

We were still working on that fudge, and then one day, we both ended up going to Yosemite Fudge Company in Sonora and buying MORE fudge - each without the other one knowing! I thought he wanted me to go get some, and he had decided to go himself and wasn't able to reach me on my cell phone (I left it in the car!) to tell me he'd already gone, so then I went and bought more! Now, we all know I am on Weight Watchers - and we now have WAY more fudge in this house than two people should.
This is NOT a good thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that Fudgie Scotch Ring looks like it's to die for! I'm definitely going to have to try some of that!

yosemite faith said...

tourists in and around northern michigan are called fudgies - mackinaw city and mackinaw island both have fudge shops - so do many other norther michigan cities. see's makes good chocolate fudge. i used to make lots of fudge as a kid and my no fail recipie was the one with marshmallow creme. johns mom made marvelous old fashioned (boil til the 'ball' stage) fudge - many different kinds. her sour cream fudge was spectacular......johns mom was a great cook.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It is the time of year to think about fudge! Twyla

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Stop it! I gained 5 lbs. just reading your post. You know I used to work at Columbia Candy Kitchen in the 70's and I NEVER got tired of the fudge, or any other candy for that matter!