Thursday, September 3, 2009

The See's Exhibit! (At The State Fair)

I was looking through the fair guide book while we had lunch, and I was so delighted to read that there was a See's Candies exhibit!! We hadn't been to the main exhibit buildings yet, and I had no idea.
Well, if you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember that I have had a life-long love affair with See's, so this was right up my alley! It was all set up to look just like a counter in one of their fabulous shops:

No, they weren't selling candy there. Bummer. However, they did have selected items for sale across the room.
I snapped this shot of a poster featuring Mary See herself.
And they even had two vehicles on display.
One of the employees gave a talk about the company, and at the end, they handed out to each of us an Awesome Walnut Square Bar. Oh, my - I had never tried one of those, and it truly was awesome! Wish I had another one.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Awesome Walnut Square Bar, sounds lovely. I bet that was a great exhibit, I would have loved to look at the old photos (of course, history buff here!) Again, your photos are just great. Couldn't be there, but I will enjoy it through your blog. Love T

yosemite faith said...

oh heidi-send me copies of your sees pictures for my collection! my nieces fave sees is the walnut squares and since they came out with the candy bars - i often get her the candy bars instead of paying for the custome mix on mail order. in fact i have a box of the walnut square bars here right now because my niece is visiting from DC. i wish i could have been at that exhibit.......thanks for taking me there long distance.

Anonymous said...

I have to try very hard not to let my car turn into See's driveway every time I go by. My favorites are Cashew Brittle and California Crunch but I can be persuaded to gulp down some others on occasion

Twyla and Lindsey said...

They don't sell See's anywhere around here:( I've always heard it was the best. Twyla

Kim G. said...

I missed this when I was down there last Friday! Shucks. See's is my FAVORITE!!