Sunday, June 7, 2009

Remember Betsy Cameron?

I remember her VERY well- she was one of my favorite models back in the 70's - right along with Colleen Corby, Lucy Angle, Bonnie Lysohir, Susan Dey - there were a lot of them! We LOVED Seventeen Magazine. How I wish we had saved them all. When I see the covers now on eBay or elsewhere, they are so very familiar still:
Here she is in an advertisement for McCall's in 1974:

And more in Seventeen:
She graced a lot of magazine covers:
I saved this article about her back in 1997:
/After all of those years spent in front of the camera, she got behind the camera - perhaps you are familiar with her popular, adorable images of children:

I have admired her for years. Was it really that long ago that I was a teenager?
Geez.

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i never knew her name and did not know she was behind those sweet images of youth! seventeen magazine was an icon in our day - thanks for the memories (as always) heidi.

Tina Dawn said...

How very interesting, I remember her face very well, although I was already out of the house busy being a very young wife and mother by then. Her shots of children are amazing. In the 60's when I used to get Seventeen (before you two were teens) my favorite model was Cheryl Tiegs. I had a picture from a magazine on my dresser mirror of her in a row boat on a lake skimming her hand in the water, I thought she was the epitome of what I wanted to look like. I also really liked Twiggy but I never really wanted to look like her, I just thought she was cute and I loved the way she did her eyes. Great post sis. Love T

yosemite faith said...

annette i loved how twiggy did her eyes too - she had such a great face.