Monday, April 27, 2009

Then And Now #39 -Kraft Cheese Slices

Kraft Cheese Slices - here is an advertisement from 1955, showing five different types in their packages:
And in this one from 1956, just the Swiss Cheese Slices:
For me, a real grilled cheese sandwich means cheddar - but I wouldn't turn it down if you made one for me with the 2% American - shown here in 2007:
And , also from 2007 - individually wrapped slices:
Here's the "Now" (as in - in my fridge right now). This is what I really want:
Give me what I want, what I really really want......

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

We always use the 2% Kraft cheese. I haven't seen the last kind you showed, but I think it looks great and I need to look for it! Have a nice day! Twyla

yosemite faith said...

krafts 2% swiss is good too.

Tina Dawn said...

This post reminds me of the 4H demonstration you and Lor Lor did with the little egg salad boats and the cheese sails (I am trying to remember it). I am a little blurry on the memory because I was busy with my own demonstration with the bleu cheese salad dressing (which I have lost the recipe for!). Oh dear, I am making myself hungry for egg salad now. Love T