Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Recent Thrift Finds

I saved some of my recent finds to show you in this post. Below, a bright serape style runner, two great pieces of sheet music, and a set of potholders. The flowers on that lady's skirt remind me of my Ransburg canisters!:
A pristine Bobby Darin LP, great old songbook, and a lovely tome filled with Victorian illustrations:
More books (great recipes in that FJ Pie cookbook!), and a pair of folk art wall plaques:
Cutter linens, and a set of four squirrely linen placemats:
Miscellaneous including a crocheted potholder, bag of pretty trims, lovely box of vintage cards, and a restaurant china fork plate:
These last two pictures - less interesting and more utilitarian items - the two muslin-covered padded hangers were 39c each, and all of the others were free! The sturdy wooden ones will work well for holding heavy linens in the shop:
I can't pass up frames when they are cheap! A cast iron ship doorstop, my first Rolodex, a silk scarf, and I had to get the Mad book even though it's pretty thrashed.
That's it!

7 comments:

yosemite faith said...

love those linens!!

Lorlore said...

Love it all! Thrifting is sooo fun! Yard/Garage Sales are starting up! More fun!! Lori

Tina Dawn said...

Oh boy, great finds. Cute plate with the fork. I didn't work yesterday and went to a Georgetown thrift store, got tons of fabric and other fun things for really cheap. Made it worth it not to work! Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I want to go to Your thrift store! You just find the Best stuff. Of course we're drooling over the box of vintage cards. Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Me again. I forgot to say your little folk art plaques are copies of "hex" signs that used to be painted on barns, etc. I have one similiar. Love T

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

Girl, I had to spend some time catching up on your blog today. With my daughter being sick and all, I am just getting back in the swing. So much fun stuff to see. I loved all the gingham stuff. I still am attracted to gingham shirts when I see them in the store. They just seem clean, and sweet. You've really done well on your thrifting. I went out for a little bit today and got a big fat zero!

Unknown said...

LOVE the squirrel place mats! What fun!