Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lobbies in Lodges

Another type of architecture that I like VERY much is the lodge style. Rustic and yet very grand at the same time; I find it stunning. I've collected a few postcards depicting some examples. At Yellowstone National Park, the lobby at the Old Faithful Inn:
Glacier Park Lodge in Montana:
At the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park, this room is actually known as The Great Lounge:
The gorgeous lobby at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - we had the pleasure of staying there just once, a few years ago - what a beautiful place!
And the Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World - we spent our honeymoon trip there, and it is gorgeous, as well:
If I am lucky, sometime in my life I may get to stay at another of these fabulous lodges. A simply spectacular architectural style.

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I haven't been to Glacier Park or the Wilderness Lodge at Disney World, but the others are all just breathtaking. I really love the Yellowstone Old Faithful Inn. I remember the rug in the restaurant at the Grand Californian in Disneyland. What a great place! Super post Heidi. Love T

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

I have stayed at the Old Faithful Inn TWICE! It is every bis as fabulous as you can imagine! You MUST go!~~~XXOO, Beth

yosemite faith said...

i have stayed at the awahnee and i have been to both disney's - didn't stay there but looked around. i would love to go to yellowstone and the grandcanyon - been to both parks as a child but not in the lodges.

Lisa said...

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time last summer. Had previously stayed at other places in Walt Disney World. Would have to say we liked the Wilderness Lodge the best. Can't wait to go again, hopefully soon!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I especially liked the Ahwanee one because it reminds me of a Frank Lloyd Wright style. Twyla

yosemite faith said...

i love frank lloyd wright. living so close to illinois and having relatives in chicago when i was young - we got to see many examples of his work. he was my dads favorite! in the 50's when we went to california we visited a small church he designed made of glass,

Kim G. said...

I LOVE this post Heidi Ann!