Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mom's Yosemite "Souvenirs"

I'm posting about these items today in honor of my friend's birthday. Happy Birthday, Faith! These are all things that my mother-in-law had saved from her trips to Yosemite. From 1935, this wooden postcard of Half Dome and it's original envelope:
A Cocktail Menu from the Ahwahnee Hotel (50's, I think)
A menu with a watercolor print on the cover from 1955:
A hotel brochure:
and one from Camp Curry:
And two postcards with their original bag from the gift shop -these from 1955, also, I believe:
I hope you enjoyed seeing them!

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

One of my favorite places. Mom's stuff is very cool. Thanks for sharing

Tina Dawn said...

Happy birthday Faith. Yosemite is so beautiful. I love the watercolor of half dome. Love T

yosemite faith said...

thanks for thinking of me and putting yosemite on you post today! your mother in law was one cool lady! this may a few of us are doing a remembrance for rhonda - my housekeeping buddy and a 'valley girl' (yosemite valley that is) in the truest sense. thanks again!

Anonymous said...

What an original Yosemite persepctive. Thank you for sharing it made me smile today! Lynn, Hotel Charlotte, Groveland, near Yosemite. www.HotelCharlotte.com