Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vintage Unmentionables

Oh, what the heck - let's mention them. Just because I think they are fun to see. From 1911:
And 47 years later - a new version of a corset, a Poirette "corselette":
And how about doing the same thing - but in two pieces this time, for better comfort? From Vassarette:
And a different version by Silf Skin:
And an original Silf Skin package with insert:
A cute ad for Cameo Shapemaker Stockings from 1959:
And a Belle-Sharmeer stocking box from the 1930's, just because it's silver and black and I like the look of it:
And a couple of cute little accessories that could come in handy!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Gosh, it is so hot right now it's hard to imagine wearing anything under my clothes! What torture, but I guess it seemed a lot better than the old corsets that made your waist so tiny you couldn't breathe or eat. I could use those new bra straps! Very interesting. Love T

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha! I remember those "spiral" bras!