Monday, March 3, 2008

That (60's &) 70's Stuff


Some of the stuff that I have held onto for years - the mushroom shaped notepad holder from Hallmark, above, that I thought was so cute that when it got down to the last 2 pieces of paper, I couldn't bear to use any more, nor could I bear to throw it away, so, instead, I have saved it all of these 35-40 years. And I still like it. Then there's the cute little polka dot painted mushroom clothing brush, below - still useful - and cute.

Little scraps of miscellaneous ephemera and stickers that simply appealed to me at the time. I had saved these in a little box which I kept in my desk drawer. Gee, can you tell what I liked back then? Flowers, peace signs, astrology, mushrooms, ladybugs, cuteness! And Famolare "Get There" shoes.

And more of the same:

And my treasured little special alarm clock. This baby hasn't worked for years. Maybe I can get it repaired some day.

Just stuff from my past.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

All the designs are so colorful and happy. Just what we needed to brighten up a nation torn by riots and war. Love T