Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lilies For Easter


Above, you see one of my vintage Easter postcards - this one was postmarked 99 years ago. And below, these beautiful pink lilies are an original watercolor painted by the late Marguerite Flint, who was a very dear friend to our Mother, and a wonderful artist. This work was done on a card she sent to Mother while she was undergoing chemo treatments. I put it in a little gold frame, and I'm so happy to have it.

And vintage prints that I have in sort of shabby white wooden frames, yellow lilies:

And another with a gorgeous blue background.

Pretty lilies!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice, I love the design around the top of the first card. And it's always a treat to see Marguerite's work. Love T

Anonymous said...

I am one of Marguerite Flints' grand daughters and am so touched by those who remember her and her work. THank you for thinking of her as I know she would be thinking of you.

Heidi Ann said...

Sonja - I am so delighted that you found my blog post and left a comment! Thank you so much.
I have very dear memories of Marguerite, and this little watercolor has a place of honor in my home.