Monday, November 12, 2007

Pretty Platter


I found this pretty turkey platter a few weeks ago in Jamestown. I thought the price was reasonable in an antiques shop. I wandered around the whole store thinking about it, sort of trying to talk myself out of it. "I already have two turkey platters", I said to myself. "But it's a pretty one, huge (20 in. wide) - appears to be vintage (Vogue of Calif. USA on the back), it's in good shape, the price is fair", myself said back. Well, in the end, obviously, the side of me that knows how I am won out. That's the side that has been SO sorry in the past when I didn't get something, and then couldn't stop thinking about it after I got home! You know how that is - IF you are able to go back, it's usually gone.
My new platter looks beautiful with my turkeys and other Thanksgiving decorations, and yes, I am happy I brought it home!

2 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Heidi!!! Nice to meet you and find out WHO the gal was that visited Kerri's shop. So glad that you made the trip down. Tis true what you heard, but I haven't shared it yet. (No, I am not pregnant to any of you who don't know what IT is). ha. Stop by sometime for more visits to "check" things out. smile.

LOVE your blog and I am adding you to my list!!! Seems to be quite a few of you gals up in the hills visit me. Thank you!!!!!

Now I will have to catch up on your blog posts. Love your collections!!!!!!!

xx,

Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Sharon and I have the same platter. Mine was passed down from my mother through her mother and will go to my daughter. I am looking for information on the platter and found your blog. How exciting to find another that loves it as much as we do.