Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Own "Coat of Many Colors"


I found an old quilt a number of years ago in an antique shop on Sutter St. in Folsom. It was priced very reasonably because there was large hole burned out of the middle. ( Hmm - heater tipped over , got too close to a fire, cigarette? - who knows what happened to it!). Well, I had the idea to try and make a coat out of it. I'm not much of a seamstress, so a few years later, I found a pattern I liked and I paid Linda at Linda's Cloth Creations in Amador City to make it for me. I wanted the back side which was the pretty jadite green color to be folded back to make cuffs, the pocket flaps, and the shawl collar. My quilt coat turned out lovely, and a lady commented one day that it was like Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors (beautiful song!), and I thought - "Why, yes, it is!"

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I have seen this coat in person and I just love it. You have a great eye and great taste. Love T

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.