Friday, October 26, 2007

Frank, Deb, and Me


I love this picture of my friend Debbie and me. It was taken in 1971 at the Movieland Wax Museum in Buena Park California. Just the two of us with the Frankenstein monster. I remember Debbie's Maxi dress - red calico with elasticized gathering at the midriff. I used to have a red and yellow calico Maxi dress, too - mine had a yellow background with red flowers. ( Hmmm.. I have a picture somewhere..) I got my black cotton peasant blouse on Olvera Street; it had a lacy collar all around made of black cotton crochet. My sister made the skirt for me, it was black polished cotton chintz with big bright cabbage roses and a wide waistband. You can't tell in the pic but my necklace choker had an Ankh symbol. And you can't see it in the photo, but I think she was wearing a Happy Face button. Were we cool, or what? On that same trip to So. Cal., we went to Disneyland, too. Great memories- and this picture comes out every year to be featured in my Halloween decorations. Yep, me and my wonderful and dear friend Debbie, just hangin' with Frank!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!! Check out them gams!! :-)